Editor, Self-Shooting, Producer, Director
I am a creative Final Cut Pro editor and self-shooting Producer Director. Employed full time in the industry for the last ten years I have a variety of experience including documentary, drama, corporate videos, music videos and club visuals.
A fast editor, I’m used to working to tight deadlines with passion and enthusiasm. I have my own distinctive editing style but I am always looking for ways to improve and thrive when adjusting my approach to fit a particular market or brief.
Adept at handling two-camera shoots I am a confident and stylish camera operator. I have excellent people skills and am able to communicate with people an all levels from A-list celebrities to ex-gang members with tact and professionalism. I enjoy being part of a hard working team but also have the independence and drive to work alone on a project to high standards.
I am also an enthusiastic film workshop facilitator and am keenly developing my teaching skills. I feel passionate about the potential of film to empower people and give them a voice.
Final Cut Pro Editor (over 10 years experience and own equipment)
Experienced with SONY Z5/Z1, EX3, PD170, PD150, Canon7D, Canon XF305
Photoshop, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Compressor, After Effects
Digitising, Conforms, OMFIs, EDLs, Deliverables
Good knowledge of industry decks and formats
Mac and PC Literate including Word and Excel
Excellent people skills and experience working with young people (CRB CHECKED)
Clean driving license
Currently working on:
Development with Camden Creative for First Cut slot on Channel 4 – Director
The Great Fashion Stitch Up -Director/Producer Pitching at Sheffield DocFest D2D market and MeetMarket
Art Bastard – A comedy mockumentary – Producer/Editor
August 2012 – Camera/Editor, Alzheimer’s Society
July 2012 – 2nd Editor, My Olympic Dream Half 30min documentary for LinkTV (PAID)
Throughout 2012 – Editor, Various corporate productions in 2012 including NEXT, Nokia, Primark and BT for Incredibull (PAID)
April 2012 – Tutor, Final Cut Pro workshop, Roundhouse (PAID)
March 2012 – Editor, Development Trailer, Wowbagger Productions (PAID)
March 2012 – Camera, Alzheimer’s Society, Dementia 2012 (PAID)
February 2012 – Editor, Wellcome Trust Centre For Cell Biology, three films edited for use online (PAID)
January 2012 – Director/Editor, British Heart Foundation, From the heart (PAID)
November 2011 – Editor, The Brooke, charity promo (PAID)
October 2011 – Producer/Director/Editor, TripAdvisor for LIVE UNION (PAID)
October 2011 – Editor, Maziar Bahari, Painting Miracles. Feature length documentary. (PAID)
September 2011 – January 2012 -Producer/Drirector/Editor, Wellcome Trust 75th Anniversary Public Engagement Film(PAID)
March 2011 – July 2011, Producer/Director/Editor, British Heart Foundation (PAID)
December 2010 – February 2011, LGBTQ in 5 Years Time Media Box Project – Film making facilitator, BOLDFACE (PAID)
July to September 2010 – Filmmaking facilitator, Akosia summer project (UNPAID)
Leading filmmaking workshops for street children in Accra, Ghana.
July 2010 – Editor, Incredibull (PAID)
June 2010 – Editor, Germination (PAID)
May 2010 – Editor, Incredibull (PAID)
Freelance editing work on a Nokia project
May 2010 – Camera Person/Editor, Headspace (PAID)
Filming and editing a promotional video
May 2010: Editor, I’m That Guy for Prince’s Trust (PAID)
Working with the Director to shape a film for the Prince’s Trust about their young ambassadors. Also creating motion graphics and sound editing.
March 2010: Camera/Editor, Alzheimer’s Society (PAID)
Shooting with two SONY Z5s I covered a one-day, internal quality conference to be turned in to a training DVD for the society’s staff.
March 2010: Producer Director(self-shooting)/Editor, NOKIA prototyping event, LIVE Union (PAID)
Using a small HD camera I shot all speeches for internal use over the two-day event. I also captured short ad hoc interviews with participants and mood material to summarize the flow of the day. I edited this on-site in to a three minute film for use on the NOKIA website.
January – April 2010: Producer Director (self-shooting)/Editor, Global Tolerance and British Council (PAID)
Working alongside the British Council team to capture the mood of their exciting leadership programme. Shooting on location in Croydon and South Africa armed with a SONY Z1 camera. I interviewed up to 50 people in four days creating video diaries and two short films to promote the leadership programme for the British Council.
December 2009: Editor/Self-shooting AP Odyssey Networks, COP15 (PAID)
I was responsible for shooting and editing pieces on the climate conference in Copenhagen. Uploading up to three films a day.
November – December 2009: Director/Editor, Free Tibet Stop the torture campaign videos (PAID)
I directed and edited three films for the charity Free Tibet for use on their website and YouTube. Duties included:
- Organisation of shoots
- Directing big name talent (Dominic West etc.)
- Editing footage, creating titles and graphic branding
- Delivering final films in required formats, including authoring DVD
April 2008 – July 2009: Assistant Producer, TrueTube (PAID)
TrueTube is an award winning charity funded video website aimed at 15-25 year olds that motivates engagement in social and ethical issues.
- Brainstorming and developing film ideas.
- Researching and overseeing the production of a new 12-film series every three weeks.
- An understanding of social issues, environment, drinking/drugs culture, technology and art.
- Coordinating shoots, locations and contributors.
- Shooting and directing with multiple cameras up to five times a week.
- Developing good relationships with a wide variety of contributors, which required me to handle sensitive issues.
- Cutting up to five films a week, on FCP and including interesting, relevant and creative titles and graphics
- Compressing my films for upload to the website.
- Running workshops with young people, getting them enthusiastic about making films.
- Being part of strong team including active participation in team meetings on future projects.
October 2005 – November 2007: Edit Assistant, Fox TV Studios UK (PAID)
At Fox I moved up quickly from a runner Position to AN Edit/ Technical Assistant in under a year, taking responsibility for all the in-house post-production.
- While working at Fox TV Studios UK I was credited on productions for ITV, Channel 5 and Discovery channel.
- Running and supporting up to six Avid Adrenaline edit suites at any one time, including HDV and digibeta formats, both offline and online, hooking up decks and suites.
- Cutting teaser and taster tapes, editing extra sequences for the international versions of programmes, creating subtitles, and checking and adjusting sound where needed, along with any other extra cutting required.
- My role also included digitising, play outs, transfers, conforms, sync slipping, the organisation of edit projects, media management and project back ups.
- Making deliverables for each production and organisation of master tapes, compressing videos for our Ftp site, creating DVDs.
- Sourcing and arranging the hire of equipment to suit the need of the production, I advised Production Managers on the drives, decks and equipment they would require for each edit. I also collaborated with them to deliver the programmes on time.
- Receiving and dealing with clients and channel executives.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- I spent a year after university shooting and editing for music promos and nightclub visuals with my own company. I completed paid commissions for both The NME and Ninja Tune Records, providing related art for a Record sleeve for the latter.
- I’ve undertaken a variety of paid and unpaid work experience in TV and corporate media, including edit, set and location running.
- I have a BA Hons in Drama, TV and Film at Bristol University